"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Products & Equipment Body position beeper

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kshanfield 12 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

We used to have a small beeper that was clipped on to a person’s shirt collar and the alarm went off if the person bent forward more than about 30 degrees.  It worked wonderfully when teaching body mechanics!  I have been looking for something similar.  Does anyone know the name of this or where to get one?

[private user]
    Participant

I have recently seen a demo of a similar product by a company called Backtrack http://www.backtrack.co.uk

[private user]
    Participant

Thanks so much for the reply. That is the same idea, but much more complicated. The one I used before had no software, tracking, or timing, but just a simple alert for position. I’ll look into this one more and see if they have anything without all the other options.

[private user]
    Participant

I did some consulting for a startup in Utah that was creating a great device the size of a beeper that clipped onto the worker’s belt.  It was programmable so you could set what angles of flexion and rotation caused a beep.  It also collected time series data, so you could download the workers postures over the entire day into Excel at the end of the shift.  

But when I worked with them, it was just a prototype.  I never saw it on the market.  Try Googling Robert Bourne and see what you get.

clklemmer
    Participant

I think the product you are looking for is called the IPosture.

kshanfield
    Participant

These items are for a  totally different population group, but they do work for monitoring posture. Try looking at http://www.enablingdevices.com at the tilt switch, and the Musical posture trainer. 
    Both of these devices are intended for people with disabilities where they require reminders to keep the head up or keep good posture, which is basically what we all want our workers to do also. 
    Hope this helps.
    Sincerely,
    Kathleen Shanfield, OTR/L, MS, CVE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Products & Equipment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string