"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums General Ergonomics Topics calculating turning radius

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  [private user] 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

Dear group:

I have considered this problem for many years. Today I did a Google search on ‘calculating turning radius’ and came up with information that shows many are baffled by the concept. Do any ergoweb members have a formula for calculating turning radius? I am most interested in using the calculation for space planning in office situations, but over the years, I have had several situations  where I could have used more precise method of determining space issues.

Thank you,Beverly Burke RN CMA CIE

admin
    Keymaster

Beverly, The "NHS Estates" (in the UK) apparently sell a number of publications (one titles is "Common activity spaces, vol. 4: Circulation areas") called Health Building Notes (HBNs) that contain building space diagrams showing turning-circles. http://www.thenbs.com/PublicationIndex/publisher.aspx?pubid=412&Start=1&PageSize=200 Regards, David McFarlane MAppSc (Ergonomics) Ergonomist, WorkCover NSW Disclaimer Any recommendation concerning the use or representation of a particular brand of product in this document or any mention of them whatsoever (whether this appears in the text, illustrations, photographs or in any other form) is not to be taken to imply that WorkCover NSW approves or endorses the product or the brand.

[private user]
    Participant

David:

Thank you very much for this helpful and rich link.  I will peruse at my pleasure.

Sincerely,

Bev BurkeBeverly Burke RN CMA CIE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Ergonomics Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string