"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums General Ergonomics Topics Creeling Operation Question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  [private user] 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

scwolverine
    Participant

I am working with the creeling department in a textile plant.  They are lifting bobbins of thread material that weight between 8 and 55 lbs (average 30 lbs) from a pallet to the creel arms.  These arms range from 10" to 93" (they try not to use the top or bottom arms for obvious reasons)somewhere in the neighborhood of 450-750 times a shift.  There are 12 offset creel arms in a vertical position.  Has anyone dealt with this?  The thought is to have a counterbalanced lift with a core expander to lift them from their core vertical position and then turn them 90 degrees to place onto creel arms.  Does anyone have ideas or information regarding lifts, or creeling equipment that minimizes or eliminates this lifting?  Thanks for the help.Eric

[private user]
    Participant

Try the information in the attached PDF. I have not done any work in this area but this may help with some information.

Peter Goyert PT CCPE

[private user]
    Participant

While I am not specifically familiar with the creeling operation, it sounds very similar in principle to handling other types of roll material.  A client that I recently performed an ergonomics evaluation for used the company listed below to provide tooling for roll handling, and it appears to work quite well.  (Pick up vertically, rotate to horizontal with little effort and place onto spindle)  They may be able to help, or steer you in the right direction.

Hope this helps… Joe Fox, CIE

Kysar Machine Products Inc.
    Palco, Kansas
    (785) 737-2885

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Ergonomics Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string