"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Products & Equipment Desk Chair for Heavyset, bad back.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gmaurits 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

TheJanitor
    Participant

Hello
    For 2 years now i have been working from home doing a desk job.
    I enjoy the job, but not my working conditions.

I am currently, as i type, sitting in a lazy boy recliner.
    My keyboard is on my lap, my mouse on the arm to the right.
    This is not very easy to work with, I need to be closer to my desk, and able to sit properly. This has gone on long enough, and i am now ready to invest in a chair.

I am a heavy person, about 350lbs.

I am looking for a nice high backed chair, that can support my weight, possibly help “not kill” my back, and stays under my budget.

I am willing to pay no more than $125 before taxes.
    I think the key feature is to have a metal set of legs/wheels. Plastic tends to bend and warp overtime.

Thanks for any info. It is very much appreciated.
    I’ve decided i would rather research than to just go buy one at the store.

gmaurits
    Participant

hello TheJanitor

I am a heavy set person as well and have found a very good chair that helps to support my back and is sturdy enough for myself. I will attach the link, however to best way to help would be for you to visit a well known Office Supply store. Their people are generally well trained and can answer any questions you might have. The best means would be to have an ergonomist come into your home and do a complete ergonomic assessment of your workstation which does cost some money. This is the link for a chair style and price that your looking for:
    http://www.source.ca/office-chairs-seating/execumatic-4500-seating-series
    Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Products & Equipment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string