"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Products & Equipment Ergonomic Keyboard Tray + Glass Desk = ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  spacebot 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster
    Want to convert my glass desk into a sit stand desk. Can't afford the ones that go up electrically but I can afford putting my monitor on a cardboard box and I have a 3m sit/stand ergonomic keyboard tray from my old job, only problem is that it needs to bolt into something, which I doubt will work with glass. Anyone know of how I can possibly mount it to my glass desk? Spent $400 on the desk, rather not have to go buy a cheap wood one if I can avoid it. I am battling carpel tunnel and lower back pain.

neelie
    Participant

I know the demo models of the 3M sit/stand tray have clamps that attached to the front edge of the desk. I dont know the thickness of your glass desk or the safety of having a something clamped to the front of it, so you'd have to look into that.

Maybe something like this would work with your desk? http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/379/language/en-CA/Default.aspx

spacebot
    Participant

You might want to consider attachable sit-stand options like Humanscale’s ‘Quickstand’ or the less expensive ‘Varidesk’ (similar products from other vendors also exists).
    One downside to the varidesk is depending on how tall you are, you might need to raise your monitor height to get a good balance with the keyboard/typing height. Also in a sitting position, the Varidesk adds about another 1.5″ to your current keyboard height which could put more strain to your shoulders.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Products & Equipment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string