"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums General Ergonomics Topics Goodbye Denny

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  talbin 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

I know that many of you knew Denny Ankrum and you knew how passionate he was about his work. We often had differing opinions about the role of vision in ergonomics but he was always scientific in his approach and, of course passionate about his views. I always appreciated his opinions and approach to reducing eyestrain in the workplace.

He will be missed…

Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey Anshel

Optometrist

Corporate Vision Consulting

JB
    Participant

A great resource and utilise his sound principles as guidelines for the majority of my Office Ergo consults.

Regards,

John Bragdon, BSc. Kin, CK(OKA)
    Director of Kinesiology/Occupational Services
    Movewell Rehabilitation
    [email protected]

talbin
    Participant

It was a great sadness to learn today that Denny Ankrum has died.  Denny knew what he believed, knew why he believed it and was a fierce and articulate advocate for his beliefs. To say that Denny was direct would be an understatement; he could push more buttons, and faster, than an accordionist playing a Mazurka.  

Yet one quickly learned that it was always worth considering what he had to say.  You might decide that you didn’t agree with what Denny said, but it was always worth examining carefully.

He had a big, easy smile that just got bigger as the argument got better.  I am sorry that he is gone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Ergonomics Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string