"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Products & Equipment Is this a good computer chair for everyday computer use?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kshanfield 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

This is the computer chair I use : http://www.flickr.com/photos/eapubs/8550733594/

Im a web dveloper who sit in this chair from morning untill I sleep. Recently, I started to get a back pain. I know im too young to have them. Can It be due to this chair? Its a small chair. Doesn't extend upto my shoulders. Is it a good choice or do I need to change to a larger chair (Which extend upto my shoulders) soon?

kshanfield
    Participant

Many people will probably respond to this with all kinds of chair recomendations, but I just want to say first off that you should not be sitting in ANY chair from morning until you go to sleep. Our bodies need to move, change positions and change activities throughout the day. So at the very least, take short breaks from sitting every hour-for at least 5-10 minutes. There are many stretching programs you can do at your desk, and give your eyes a break too. This alone should help prevent any problems, however a good chair is a necessity for you since you are sitting for so long. Make sure you have full back support and many adjustments so that you can change positioning depending on your tasks and how your body is feeling that day. OK, folks, have at it with the chair recs, but I just had to get this in!! Take care of your body. It's the only one you have!!

Kathleen Shanfield, OTR/L, MS,ATP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Products & Equipment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string