"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Products & Equipment Keyboard width

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  marjsteed 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

Hello All

I have a female co-worker who is very wide shouldered and is having a very hard time locating a keyboard to accommodate her size.  Surely there are others (men) out there who have a similar problem.  I've been searching for a keyboard to suit her needs.

Along with the extra width to accommodate the extra girth, the keyboard must be corded (no USB or wireless) and one-piece (not split into 2 seperate pieces).

Any suggestions?

[private user]
    Participant

Other than the Kinesis free style i have not seen a keyboard that gets any wider. Why can this not be split into 2 pieces?? I am unaware of another keyboard that will get as wide as the kinesis. The kinesis advantage may work as well but anything wider that this i could not personally say unless it splits in the middle like the kinesis freestyle.

marjsteed
    Participant

Perhaps you can be more clear on why a 2-piece keyboard would not work for this person. Is she afraid the 2 pieces would move around? Doesn't want the keyboard to be "slanted?" These are both problems that can be solved…. however finding a one piece keyboard other than the Kinesis may be difficult.

gmaurits
    Participant

Hi Charlene

I fit in the same catagory. I am a male 6'4" and over 300lb, so big in stature and size. I use a Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5000 . This keyboard is configured just right for the larger person, the keyboard is slightly curved putting your hands and arms in a nice comfortable position. The one I have is wireless but I am quite sure they have wired ones as well. You might want you co-worker to check this type out. There are many types of keyboards out on the market, it is just a matter of trying them out and finding one that fits just right. I feel there is no real need to go to a split keyboard unless the person really wants to go that direction.

Good luck

[private user]
    Participant

Thank you all for the advice and guidance.

Unfortunately I'm not able to locate a Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5000 (wired).

I'd appreciate any further advice or comments given.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Products & Equipment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string