"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Products & Equipment stool height chairs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  storeadmin 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

I am looking for stool height chairs for a designer. I would like to see a chair with a moving mechanism and a foot platform, not a ring. Neutral Posture is the only option I have found. Does anyone have information on other sources?
    Thanks
    bev

Beverly Burke RN CMA CIE

Rick Goggins
    Participant

Hi Bev,

About the only other alternative to the footring I’ve seen is this product:
    http://www.bizchair.com/12100-fs-ice.html

It may not be sturdy enough to use for getting in and out of the chair, but it does look like it sticks out a little further than a standard footring.

Rick Goggins, CPE
    Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
    Olympia, WA

Rick Goggins, CPE
    <br>
    Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
    <br>
    Olympia, Washington
    <br>

[private user]
    Participant

I suggest you evaluate saddle stools for your designer client. In a saddle perch the work surface is at a "stool height" (e.g., > 38" high) and at the same time the user’s feet remain on the floor. This makes the working posture more stable, eliminates the tripping and falling hazards associated with ingress and egress from conventional stools with footrings, and allows the user to navigate around the work area with their feet. Here are some to consider:

There are also foot platforms and beefed-up footrings that attach to conventional stools and provide more support than a conventional footring. The platforms provide a larger and more stable foot support, but generally have little or no height adjustment. Here are a few. There are others.

Conflict of Interest Statement: I consult for three of these manufacturers, and I manage distribution companies associated with two of them.

[private user]
    Participant

Thanks to all Ergoweb participants for their replies:  Here is what I found out.

I am most happy with the Neutral Posture NexTep , as a solution for stool height seated workers.  NP has other options, the Fring, a flattened foot ring, and the N-tune, two footstool options.  The Fring seems to me to be a better solution than a standard ring, because it offers a greater surface for the foot to rest, distributing sole contact stress over the wider surface. Research on this statement?  I don’t know about any, I draw my statement from physiological logic;)).  The NexTep is a clunky, albeit safer option for someone sitting at stool height, since the entire sole of the foot can rest.  This device will take quite a bit of force, so it can take some weight getting in and out of the chair.  If you need a surface to take full user weight getting in and out of the chair, then the N-tune, most clunky, but safest option seems the best.  Beverly Burke RN CMA CIE

storeadmin
    Participant

Dear All:

Thanks for the feedback regarding this topic. We have just added the NeXtep™ to the  Ergobuyer catalog store, and are evaluating other products of this type for inclusion — your suggestions are welcome!

NeXtep™ now availabe in the Ergobuyer catalog!
    NeXtep

Ergobuyer®
    No gimmicks; no fads; only effective, reliable, ergonomically designed products, satisfaction guaranteed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Products & Equipment’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string