"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums General Ergonomics Topics Stretching or Exercise Programs to Prevent Back and Shoulder Injury

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  [private user] 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

Colleagues:

I was reading with interest the historic posts on the workplace stretching programs controversy.  

There's at least one study (see below) that found some benefit to exercise, but it's not clear what the "exercise" was.  Was it strength training, general conditioning, stretching?  That's a rhetorical question.

I'm interested to know if there are any specific stretching or strength training routines that have been found in randomized trails to reduce the incidence or severity of back or shoulder injury.

The group I'm concerned with is EMTs and medical examiners, who as you can imagine, are sometimes dealing with very heavy loads, with occasional awkard locations and resultant awkward postures.

Thanks,

David

Preventive interventions for back and neck pain problems: what is the evidence?  Linton S J, van Tulder M W

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘General Ergonomics Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string