"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums General Ergonomics Topics telephone headsets and in-use condition

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pjacobs 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ErgoMaine
    Participant

This is a comment that comes up fairly often in my practice. I recommend telephone headsets to minimize awkward posture of neck and shoulder as a way to crunch the phone between ear and shoulder. Many comment that when they are using a telephone headset, others cannot tell they are on the phone and begin speaking to the headset user. I worked with one busy medical office that deals mostly with elderly patients. The patients interrupt the administrative staff who are trying to schedule patients over the phone. The admin staff insist they cannot wear headsets because of the constant interruptions from the elderly patients who fail to recognize that they are the telephone.

Do they make telephone headsets with bright lights or some other indicator that they are in use? I have seen one model that has a tiny light by the ear, but it hardly alerts the world that the telephone headset is in use.

– Maureen

Waterboro ME, USA

pjacobs
    Participant

Maureen,

Check out companies like ‘Hello Direct’ (www.hellodirect.com) that sell accessories for headsets. Their catalog has devices that let others know when someone is on a call. Some of these may be compatible with your current headsets.

Good Luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General Ergonomics Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string