"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Medical Management To all occupational health physical therapists!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  [private user] 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

[private user]
    Participant

The APTA Orthopeadic Section’s Occupational Health Special Interest Group (OHSIG) has its own page within the orthopedic section’s website. For those of you who may not be familiar with the OHSIG, it seeks to provide research updates, professional resources, and a forum for discussion and interaction amongst therapist working on the occupational health setting.

Members Benefits:

• Occupational health research summaries and POP question mailers
    • Receive quarterly email newsletters with up to date information on occupational health issues and OHSIG activities
    • Have exposure to therapists experienced in pro-active occupational health services to expand your professional expertise
    • Enhance your clinical practice beyond the traditional clinic environment through increased awareness of valuable services such as functional capacity evaluations, job
    analysis, ergonomics, post offer screens, job coaching and education, prevention and fitness programs, and much more
    • Discover opportunities that may provide a more autonomous practice environment
    • Interact with clinicians who are forward thinking and active in numerous areas of practice, including academia, private practice, hospital, corporate settings, etc.

For those of you who may not have joined the OHSIG or who may not have visited the site we invite you to join and participate in its discussion forum and view its various resources at:

https://www.orthopt.org/content/special_interest_groups/occupational_health

[private user]
    Participant

Chris;
    Is this forum only open to PT/OTs or would you accept a physician/ergonomist as a participant too. My two fields of specialty have been rehabilitation medicine and occupational medicine respectively and I have had a 30 year love affair with the problems and challenges of onsite health and safety pros such as your selves. I will visit the site as you suggest but hope to hear if participation from a non-ortho is welcomed there. It would be my hope that anyone working to promote health and prevent disability might find a home there.
    Fraternally,
    Tom McCoy DO, CPE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Management’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string