"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums General Ergonomics Topics Using therapy balls as chairs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jamurphy 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jamurphy
    Participant

I have seen this problem occurring more regularly at computer workstations in which people use a large therapy ball to sit on for 6+ hours/day. The goal is to strengthen core muscles but in the meantime, they sit without back support for long periods of time. Ouch! Does anyone have research on using therapy balls as chairs in the office environment? Thanks.

[private user]
    Participant

There was a lot of information on this issue posted some time ago. If you do a search on this site, you should find plenty of information. We have had a few employees inquire about using them and based on much of the material on this site, have elected not to allow them.

jamurphy
    Participant

Thanks for referring me to the past posts. I read some of them when the discussion was fresh. With my recent inquiry, I was wondering if someone might know about any research that has been published on the pros/cons of the balls vs personal testimonials. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Ergonomics Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string