"This is an Archived Ergoweb Forum page -- Submissions are no longer possible"

Home Forums Medical Management Very short pinkies

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GCWesq 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

myfranz
    Participant

Hi all-

I am an awful typist but want to improve. I have tried online classes but my problem is short pinkies. My pinkies don't even come close to the keys in the usual "home' position  Example, my left hand pinky rests quite a distance below the "A" but I can't reach it. Any help? Thanks!

GCWesq
    Participant

I believe there are smaller keyboards available. While you're at it, you might try using the Dvorak keyboard layout (if you're using Windows, it will already be available – on XP, look under Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages tab>Details>Settings tab. Not sure where it is on later OSs). It uses the home keys row about 85% of the time (or more? can't remember exactly), so that will reduce your need to go up and down to other rows.

Don't worry about getting confused beween layouts with that option – they say it's like learning another language, and then swapping between them. I have learnt the Dvorak keyboard myself, and I have found it to be very good.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Medical Management’ is closed to new topics and replies.

pingdom-test-string